Pesto Princess is delighted to announce the royal arrival of a delicious new pesto. For years, Pesto Princess fans have asked the Palace to add Sundried Tomato Pesto to their well known and
loved range. And so, with fanfare and celebration, the Palace announces the arrival of this new pesto in selected stores throughout the Western Cape.
Creative Director at Pesto Princess, Kathleen Quillinan:
‘We always listen to our #LoyalRoyals and we have heard their calls for Sundried Tomato Pesto! We have carefully developed this recipe from the finest, deepest red sundried tomatoes we can get our hands on to give it richness of colour, sweetness and flavour. We believe the final product is worthy of kitchens throughout South Africa and will help all of our #RoyalFamily nourish and delight their friends and loved ones.’
In a world where a degree in food science is often needed to read an ingredients list, Pesto Princess aspires to reawaken the taste buds with simple, natural ingredients, used and cooked with the utmost care. The Palace is focused on using wholesome ingredients, sourced from local farmers wherever possible. The brand new Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto is no different - it’s dairy-free and cooked in small batches as you would at home for the best possible flavour.
10 easy ways to use Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
1. Use it instead of tomato sauce as a base for a delicious pizza.
2. Add a jar to your next lasagna for a flavour boost.
3. Serve alongside your favourite cheeses - it is especially good slathered on Camembert.
4. Marinade your meat in this zingy pesto before your next braai.
5. Mix vinegar, olive oil, chopped herbs and Sundried Tomato Pesto for the perfect salad dressing.
6. Use as a substitute for tomato paste in cottage pie, stews, meatballs, chilli con carne and more…
7. For a gourmet burger, top your patty with cheese and Sundried Tomato Pesto.
8. Spoon it into just-cooked pasta with lots of olive oil and shavings of Parmesan for a quick
9. Generously spread it on toast and top with avo for a great lunchtime snack.
10. Make cheese scones with Sundried Tomato Pesto for kids lunch boxes.
Find this new pesto in the fridges of Pick n Pay, Checkers and Spar, as well as independent delis and good food stores.