The second Winelands Chocolate Festival takes place at Blaauwklippen Wine Estate in Stellenbosch on 20th and 21st of August 2016.
This year’s festival is beautifully laid out in the spacious Blaauwklippen grounds and building. There is a bigger and better line-up with more features, more chocolate and more wine. The Winelands Chocolate Festival will delight its visitors with:
- Chocolate – Taste and purchase chocolates and confectionery from over 40 artisanal chocolatiers, patisseries and confectioners.
- Chocolate demos -South Africa’s top chocolate professionals, including Abigail Donnelly, food editor of Taste magazine and Katelyn Williams, The Kate Tin (blogger)will entertain visitorswith chocolate demonstrations.
- Morning/ Afternoon tea with Lindt - Experience extraordinary chocolate creations made by the amazing Lindt chefs.
- Children’s Play Area– There will be hourly workshops and organised games to keep the children happy and occupied.
- Creativity – Stylish competition cakes from South Africa’s chocolate industry.
- Fashion Show –Two shows dailyshowing the unique-occasion and evening wear by Stephano together with bespoke womenswear from the latest Found Collection accessorised withjewellery by local designer Zuyda van Dyk.
- Local wines, MCC and spirits – Celebrate Winter with a glass of bubbles or fine local wine. · Food Stands – Fill those hungry tummies with treats from the gourmet food stands.
- The Craft Beer Project – What better partner for Neil Jewel’s charcuterie?
- Victorian Kitchen and Chocolate Museum will allow you to step back in time and see how the Victorians prepared their chocolate many years ago.
- Take a walk through a life-like ‘Cocoa Plantation’
The spacious festival layout has been designed to take advantage of Blaauwklippen’s expansive lawns, the eight inter-leading rooms of the main house, the pretty courtyard leading off the tasting room, the restaurant and the stately Manor House. Focusing entirely on giving the visitors a superb and wholly indulgent experience, the Winelands Chocolate Festival is designed to appeal to all ages.
The Chocolate Theatre, taking placein the Manor House, will present chocolate demos, educational talks and tutored tastings with brandy, whisky, or wine. There will also be workshops and chocolate playtime for children, timed in such a way, so that while adultsare watching the chocolate demo, their children can have fun playing games safely in the room next door. An array of gourmet food will be on sale at the various stands, as well as a wide selection of premium wines, freshly-brewed coffees, hot chocolate, craft beers and quality MCCs. There will also be ample seating and live music to entertain the crowd throughout the day.
Visitors can not only taste and enjoy good quality chocolate, but also learn more about its history and production.With the many new artisanal chocolatiers on board this year, the festival promises a complete chocolate experience.
Keep an eye out for updates on more features, special guests and activities. Don’t miss it! The Winelands Chocolate Festival Blaauwklippen Wine Estate (directions) Buy tickets online at Quicket or at the door.
Ticket Prices: Adults: (R120 – includes a wine glass) Scholars: (R60) 6yrs and under - Free Chocolate Afternoon Tea: (R250 – includes entry to the rest of the festival)
Adult Demos 45 mins - (R50) Children’s Playhour/ workshops 50 mins - (R15) Jumping Castle and jungle Gym - Free