- Place a large deep pot over medium heat, add the ghee and melt.
- Add the onion, turmeric, ginger, garlic and chili flakes to the pot with the ghee.
- Next add the chopped carrot and pumpkin into the pot with the onion mixture, and saute for 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin and carrots begin to soften and caramelise on the edges.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the stock and boiling water, ensuring the pumpkin and carrot are completely covered. If not, add a little more water.
- Cook on medium/low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin and carrot are soft, blend the soup with a hand held stab mixer until smooth.
- Serve with roasted pepitas or simply on it’s own. Delicious!
2 tbs ghee (coconut oil for vegan option)
1 large brown onion
2cm piece fresh turmeric, finely chopped
4cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ tsp chili flakes
1.2 kilos pumpkin, peeled & roughly chopped
5 large carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
1 tbs peanut butter
1 litre vegetable stock
2 litres boiling wate