Recipe, Styling and Photograph by Megan Daniels. Brought to you by ClemenGold and Zandvliet.
Pairing suggestion: Zandvliet Shiraz
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
2. Season your chicken cubes with salt and pepper then dip the chicken cube, in batches, in cornstarch.
3. Set aside on a plate and continue until all chicken has been coated in cornstarch. Pop the plate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. When ready, heat up a large skillet with 1/4 cup of canola oil.
5. While the oil is heating up, dip the coated chicken in the beaten egg and fry the chicken until browned but not cooked all the way through.
6. Place your chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the chicken.
8. Place the coated chicken into the oven for 40 minutes and turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
9. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with sticky rice and fresh spring onions.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
1 Cup cornstarch
3 free range eggs, beaten
1/4 Cup canola oil
3/4 Cup white sugar
4 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Juice of 2 ClemenGold’s
1 tsp garlic powder
Sesame seeds, toasted
Sticky Thai Rice, pre-cooked
Spring onions, thinly sliced
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Makes: 2-4 servings