- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, baby potatoes and Brussels sprouts with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until veggies are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. In a food processor, combine sage, kale and pistachios and pulse until finely chopped. Add Parmesan and pulse again. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Remove veggies from oven and push them to one side of pan. Put salmon on the other side. Rub a few tablespoons of sage pesto over each fillet.
- Return pan to oven and roast for 10 to 20 minutes more, until salmon reaches desired doneness and veggies are soft. Remove pan from oven and top each fillet with some Manchego to melt.
- If desired, squeeze a drop of lemon juice over salmon. Serve with roasted veggies and extra sage pesto alongside.
4 salmon fillets
3 small beets, halved
2 carrots, chopped
1 small to medium sweet potato, diced
12 baby potatoes, halved if larger
12 Brussels sprouts, halved
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sage pesto:
1 cup fresh sage leaves
1 cup baby kale
⅓ cup toasted pistachios
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup grated Manchego cheese
fresh lemon juice, optional
RECIPE, IMAGE, AND STYLING
Half Baked Harvest Cookbook by Tieghan Gerard