Serves 4 - 6.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
Cooking time: 1 and ½ Hours
Recipe,styling and photography:Megan Daniels.
Brought to you by ClemenGold and Zandvliet Wines
- Begin by making the preserve: Peel the ClemenGolds and reserve the peel. Scoop the flesh and juice into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the juice into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Scrape as much of the pith from the ClemenGold peels as possible and slice the rind into thin strips.
- Add these to the saucepan with the blended mixture along with the zest, lime/lemon juice and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about one and a half hours, or until the rind is tender and the mixture has reduced by half.
- Add the sugar and stir over a gentle heat until it has dissolved.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil again and cook for a further 15 minutes, skimming and discarding any froth from the surface.
- Allow the marmalade to cool slightly, then decant into two sterilised 250ml jars.
- Begin your flapjacks by following your best kept family secret recipe.
Zest of 1 lime/lemon
1Tbsp lime/lemon juice
1.3L water (may need a little extra)
1.1kg granulated sugar
100ml Zandvliet - Muscat
TIP: To test the consistency (before point 8,) place a teaspoon of the marmalade on a saucer in the fridge for a few minutes. It should set to a jelly-like consistency. If not, continue to cook for a further five to 10 minutes.