Recipe by Elmarie, Image and Styling by Le-Andra Schwagele
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in the olive oil and butter until soft.
- Add the flour and the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes until reduced by 30%.
- Add the cream and thyme leaves, then blend until smooth.
- Season to perfection, you can put a few drops of Truffle oil into the soup to spoil yourself and your guests.
1 chopped onion
1 kg of your favourite wild mushrooms cleaned and roughly chopped (leave some to put on top of the soup if you would like)
3 tablespoons of flour
1 liter of chicken stock
250 ml cream
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
Truffle oil (optional)
Pair this luscious, creamy soup with Arendskloof Shiraz-Tannat.