Photography & Styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: C&D Heierli
Assistant: Mareli Erasmus
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the jalapeños onto a roasting tray with some olive oil for 10 min until soft.
3. Remove from the oven, cool down and chop into smaller pieces.
4. Mix the chopped jalapeños and the crème fraîche.
5. Keep refrigerated until you serve it.
6. Place the wedges in a roasting tray with some oil and salt and place into the oven for 30-35 min, until golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, cut the hake fillet into smaller pieces.
7. Put the flour in a bowl, whisk the eggs in a separate bowl with the salt, and put the quinoa in another separate bowl.
8. Dip each piece of hake into the flour first to coat it, then the egg and then the quinoa. Set aside.
9. Put ½ cup of vegetable oil into a pan and place on medium heat.
10. When the oil is hot, add the pieces of fish and fry until golden. This happens very quickly.
11. Remove the fish from the oil and place on a baking tray.
12. Place in the oven for another 10 min or until the fish is flakey and cooked through.
13. Serve with the wedges, dipping sauce and freshly cut lemons.
1 large fillet of hake
6 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
2 free-range eggs
1 tbsp salt
1 cup quinoa
lemon, to serve
For the dip
4 jalapeño chillies, deseeded
2 tbsp olive oil
150g crème fraîche