INSPIRED BY OTTOLENGHI
Styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: C&D Heierli
Assistant: Ros McOnie
SERVING SUGGESTION: Try this recipe with a sparkling wine or MCC from wineofthemonth.co.za
- 530g flour
- 100g sugar
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 extra large free-range eggs
- 120ml water
- 150g butter, cubed
- 350g Nutella spread
- 50g sugar
- Mix together flour, sugar, yeast, salt and lemon zest.
- Place in a stand mixer and, using a dough hook, add the eggs and water and knead until dough comes together.
- Start adding butter, a little at a time, and work in after each addition.
- Knead until dough is completely smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a bowl and leave in a warm spot for a few hours.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Knock back the dough and roll into a long rectangle (60cm x 20cm).
- Spread Nutella over the dough and roll up from the long edge.
- Seal with a brush of water down the seam.
- Use a sharp knife to slice down the middle of the roll.
- Pinch one end together and then begin to plait the two pieces.
- Carefully move onto baking tray and shape into a wreath. Make sure to pinch the ends together.
- Leave to rise for another hour.
- Sprinkle sugar over the wreath.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.