Recipes and photographs
by Wida Foster
Prep time: 20 min
Freezer time: 6 hours 45 min
Total time: 7 hours 5 min
Ingredients Makes 6 small popsicles
400ml coconut milk
1½ tbsp chia seeds, soaked
1 fresh kiwi fruit, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Combine coconut milk and chia seeds.
2. Place in fridge for 15 min, allowing chia seeds to swell and soften.
3. Place slices of kiwi fruit against the sides of 6 small popsicle moulds. Use a wooden ice cream stick to move the slices against the sides of the mould, making sure they don’t all slide down to the bottom of the mould.
4. Pour equal amounts of chia coconut mixture into popsicle moulds. Make sure mixture is evenly dispersed through the mould by tapping mould gently.
5. Place in freezer for 45 min.
6. Remove from freezer and insert a wooden ice cream stick into the centre of each popsicle.
7. Freeze for 6-7 hours, preferably overnight.