- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 16 rice paper rounds
- 200g sashimi-grade tuna, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander and mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup onion sprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 16 garlic chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 60ml lime juice
- 60ml oyster sauce
- 65g finely grated palm sugar
- 2 fresh small red Thai chillies, chopped finely (deseed 1)
Make dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside until needed.
Soak the vermicelli noodles in boiling water for 4-5minutes until tender. Rinse and allow to cool in cold water until needed.
Prepare all your ingredients and place into separate little bowls.
Place your rice paper into a dish of warm water and soak until softened. Place onto a clean, damp dishcloth ready to fill.
Starting with the noodles, fill your roll with all the ingredients. When filled fold over the top and bottom edges and one side edge then roll all the way until tightly wrapped.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za