- 1 wholewheat loaf, made into coarse breadcrumbs
- 570g pork mince
- 2 tbsp rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp sage, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 Pink Lady apples or any other tart apples, grated on the coarsest setting
- 100g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 125g dried peaches, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to season
Mix together the breadcrumbss, the pork mince, and all of the herbs, garlic, apples, pecans, dried peaches, egg and seasoning until you have a well-mixed stuffing. Stuff the turkey compactly.
Boschendal 1685 Chardonnay 2008 complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli