The recipe includes four cheese dishes: Huguenot Soufflé, Cheese Sauce, Huguenot Ice Cream, and Huguenot Cheese Panna Cotta
HUGUENOT CHEESE PANNA COTTA 300ml cream
75g Huguenot cheese
1¾ tsp gelatine
1. Bring cream to the boil and remove from the heat.
2.Whisk in cheese and gelatine, then season to taste.
3. Pour into desired mould and set in fridge for at least 2 hours or until fully set.
10g corn flour
80g Huguenot cheese
20g Parmesan cheese
6 egg yolks
300g egg whites
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 130°C.
2. Spray, butter and line ramekins with bread crumbs.
3. In a saucepan melt butter, add both flours and salt. Slowly add milk and stir with a whisk so that no lumps form. This is your basic béchamel sauce.
4. When mixture is thick, add cheese and egg yolks. Mix together until cheese is melted.
5. Whip up egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold this into the cooled white sauce.
6. Pour into ramekins until half full and bake at 130°C for 20 to 30 minutes au Bain Marie.
7. Turn the oven down to 110°C for a further 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Reheat at 190°C for 10 minutes prior to serving.
40g Huguenot cheese
1. Bring cream to the boil and whisk in the cheese off the heat.
2. Add Grappa and season to taste.
HUGUENOT ICE CREAM
3 egg yolks
90g aged Huguenot cheese
4g ice cream stabiliser
1. Combine sugar and eggs in a mixer, cream until smooth and glossy.
2. Bring cream and milk to the boil, slowly add to the egg and sugar mixture off the heat.
3. Transfer mixture to a blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Blend until smooth then churn in an ice cream machine.