- 250g baby leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 80g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 3 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- biltong chips (as with hake recipe)
- 40ml sherry vinegar
- 5ml whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 120ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
Mix the sherry vinegar with the grain mustard and red onion, and slowly whisk the olive oil into it. Season with salt and pepper.
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
Spread the Parmesan in a thin layer on a silpat. Sprinkle with a little water and bake at 180˚C for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool. Then crush until it resembles crumbs.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe by Margot Janse • Photography C&D Heierli