- 1/3 cup corn kernels, popped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 120°C.
1. Spray a large baking pan with butter flavoured cooking spray.
2. Empty the corn kernels onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
3. Stir the brown sugar, butter, glucose syrup and salt in a saucepan over high heat until the sugar dissolves, then leave to boil for 5 min, without stirring, or until a dark amber colour is reached.
4. Gently pour the caramel sauce over the corn, stirring to coat.
5. Bake for 20 min at 120°C, stir, and bake for an additional 10 min.
6. Remove from the oven and spread evenly onto a sheet of wax paper.
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli