(Based on Jamie Oliver’s recipe)
- 125ml espresso coffee, freshly brewed
- 25ml brandy
- 75g chocolate-coated coffee beans
- 100g Mascarpone
- 100g Ricotta
- 50g caster sugar
- 120ml thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 100ml store-bought vanilla custard
- 100g finger biscuits
1. Mix the espresso with the brandy and leave to cool. Meanwhile, crush the chocolate-coated coffee beans into small pieces and put to one side.
2. Beat the mascarpone with the Ricotta and sugar until light.
3. Beat the yoghurt and store-bought custard together in a separate bowl, then fold into the Mascarpone mixture.
4. Dip the finger biscuits in the cooled coffee mixture, one at a time, until just soaked through. Place half in a single layer in a shallow 15cm x 20cm ceramic dish.
5. Cover the biscuits with half the creamy mixture, spreading it evenly, then scatter over half the crushed coffee beans. Repeat with layers of the remaining ingredients.
6. Finish it off by scattering over the rest of the crushed coffee beans. Chill before serving.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli