• 4 large dessert peaches or nectarines
• 180ml thick Greek yoghurt
• 80g pistachios, roughly chopped
• raw honey, warmed till runny
• 250ml sugar
• 250ml water
• 1 vanilla pod, seeds & skin
• zest of 1 lemon
• juice of half lemon
1. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pip.
2. Place each half on a plate and dollop with a helping of yoghurt.
3. Spoon over the runny honey and finish off with pistachios.
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently.
2. Stir smoothly until the sugar has dissolved
3. Turn up the heat and cook until the syrup thickens.
4. Turn off heat and set aside.
NOTE: The process of making cane sugar uses heat, so technically it’s not a raw food. Turn to raw honey, agave nectar or natural sweeteners as a substitute.
For a coconut-based yoghurt recipe, click here.
Tokara Zondernaam Sauvignon Blanc 2010 complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli