- 1–1,5kg pork belly, skin scored
- stuffing, click here
- olive oil, for rubbing onto skin
- Maldon salt & pepper, for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C.
2. Place the pork belly, skin side down, on a board.
3. Evenly spread the stuffing onto the surface of the pork. Roll up and secure using string.
4. Rub with olive oil and season. Generously salt the dried skin to crackling.
5. Roast at 250°C for 30 min, then reduce the temp to 180°C and continue cooking for an hour. Allow to rest for 15 min before carving.
Shiraz complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli