Your family will go nuts for this delicious Duck
- 1 large duck, approx. 2.7kg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100g pistachio nuts, shelled
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tbsp sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C.
2. In a suitable pan, cook the onion over a medium heat without colouring for 2 min, add the garlic, and cook for a further 2 min. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Stuff the inside of the duck’s carcass.
5. Rub oil all over the duck’s skin, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place in the hot oven and cook for an hour. The skin must be golden.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za