This bright dish is just the right thing for a light, happy spring lunch
- olive oil
- 4 free-range chicken thighs, seasoned
- 4 free-range chicken drumsticks, seasoned
- salt and pepper, to season
- celery, half a bunch, cut into thick chunks
- 200ml verjuice
- bay leaves, small bunch
- Italian parsley, small bunch coarsely chopped
- 200ml cream
- 2 bunches of red grapes
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and brown the chicken portions till golden.
3. Add the celery and fry for about 3 min, then add the verjuice, bay leaves, parsley and cream. Allow to simmer over a medium heat for a further 5 min, season to taste.
4. Arrange the chicken pieces and sauce in a roasting pan, add the small bunches of grapes and pop in the oven for 25-30 min.
5. Serve with chunks of bread or delicious roast potatoes.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za