- For the broad bean sauce
- 100g goat’s Chevin
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 cup broad beans, cooked and peeled
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 mint leaves
- 6 large, fresh basil leaves
- 1 long green chilli
- sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
For the topping
- 12 rashers of pancetta
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 10 small mint leaves, rinsed
1. To make the broad bean sauce whiz all the ingredients in a food processor so the mix is smooth, and set aside in a saucepan.
2. Fry the pancetta in a little oil until crispy.
3. Blanch the peas in boiling, salted water for 2-3 min until tender, and refresh in iced water.
4. Heat the broad bean sauce and add the peas.
5. To serve, coat the cooked pasta in the warmed sauce, spoon onto serving plates and scatter over the pancetta, pine nuts and mint leaves.
To make your own home-made Basil Tagliatelle, click here .
Cabernet Sauvignon complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za