- 500g minced pork
- 2 hot red chillies, finely chopped
- small bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- half a punnet of Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- half a punnet of mint, coarsely chopped
- salt & pepper
- sunflower oil
- 40g pak choi
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin match stick pieces
- ½ a punnet sugar snap peas
- 1 litre chicken stock
1. Put the pork in a mixing bowl, add the chillies, spring onions, garlic, parsley and mint and season well with salt and pepper. Combine the mixture well with your hands and roll into 16 balls.
2. Pour a 1/2 cm of sunflower oil into a thick bottomed pan and heat over a medium heat. Place the pork balls into the oil and fry evenly on all sides until they are cooked through.
3. Blanch the pak choi, carrots and sugar snap peas in hot salted water, remove and add to the hot stock and add the hot pork balls.
a white blend complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli