• 200g tuna, very fresh
• 2 tbsp chives, finely sliced
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 60ml orange juice
• 1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
• ½ garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tbsp pickled ginger, finely chopped
1. Place the whole tuna in the freezer for 30 mins.
2. Slice the tuna using a sharp knife and layer onto a plate.
3. Spoon over the dressing just before serving and scatter over the chopped chives or micro herbs to garnish.
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Chardonnay complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli