- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 ciabatta, sliced and toasted
- Snow pea (mange tout) tendrils, to serve
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and fry for 3 min.
2. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 min or until the prawns are cooked through.
3. Mash the avocado with a fork, then mix in the chopped tomato, red onion, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
4. Spread the ciabatta slices with some of the guacamole and top with the prawns and snow pea tendrils to serve.
Chardonnay complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli