- 500g spinach tagliatelle
- little olive oil for cooking the pasta
- 500g fresh salmon
- 80g shelled garden peas
- 80g sugar snap peas, cut at an angle
- 100g crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 10g fresh mint
- 10g fresh dill
- 10g fresh basil
- salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water with a little olive oil until al dente.
2. Pan fry the salmon for 4 min on each side, and set aside.
3. Blanch the peas and sugar snaps in boiling water.
4. Add the flaked salmon, garden peas, sugar snaps, crème fraîche and pesto to the rinsed pasta and toss. Then add the mint, dill and basil and season. Lightly mix and serve with a wedge of lemon.
A white blend complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli