Makes 1 large pizza
- store-bought pizza dough, about the size of 2 fists
- a little cake flour, to dust the working surface
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped, mixed fresh herbs - such as basil and Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g artichoke quarters in sunflower oil, drained
- 1 handful of black olives, halved and pitted
- 70g Prosciutto
- 1 small tub of Bocconcini, torn into pieces
- rocket to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC.
2. Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until it has a free-form shape and is nice and thin.
3. Mix together the canned tomatoes, herbs and garlic and spread over the pizza base.Top with the artichoke quarters, black olives, Prosciutto, and finally the Bocconcini.
4. Bake in the oven for 12 min, then switch the grill on and continue until the edges are crisp and golden brown.
5. Garnish with the fresh rocket and season to taste.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli