500g fresh seared tuna, seasoned with salt & pepper
• 1 packet rocket
• 750g mixed tomatoes, halved
• 200g fresh green beans, trimmed & blanched
• 600g Mediteranean potatoes, halved and boiled in salted water till cooked
• 3/4 cup black olives, pitted
1. Sear tuna for 1 min each side in a very hot pan.
2. Rest for 10 mins and cut into large chunks.
3. On a plate, arrange the rocket and top with the tomatoes, then the green beans, potatoes, tuna and olives.
Drizzle over the dressing.
Mix these ingredients until combined:
• 2 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• salt & pepper, to season
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp honey
PICNIC TIP: If you want to make a statement, pack all the ingredients separately and plate your salad outdoors, just like an expert. If you’re more of a rough-and-ready picnicker, pack dressing into a pouring container and all other ingredients in one container, and serve as it comes.
Chardonnay complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli