Get all wrapped up in making this light and bright sharing platter
Makes approx. 15 rolls
- 200g lightly smoked salmon
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 15 rice paper sheets
- 50g vermicelli noodles, boiled and drained
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 peeled mango, thinly sliced small handful fresh basil
- small handful fresh coriander
- small bunch of spring onions, cut into thin lengths
1. Mix the smoked salmon, sesame oil and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
2. Dip the rice paper sheets into warm water until soft, remove and then lie flat on a damp dishtowel.
3. Add the salmon, noodles, pepper, mango, herbs and spring onion. Arranging them in the middle of your rice paper.
4. Fold over the rice paper sheet so that you have a nice tight parcel, and continue until you have made 15 parcels.
5. Serve with the Vietnamese dipping sauce.
Vietnamese dipping sauce:
Makes approx. half a cup
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Thai chilies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za