- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 225g finely chopped chorizo sausage, with the skin removed first
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- canola oil for frying
- 4 hamburger buns/rolls
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, rinsed and sliced
1. In a mixing bowl add the mince, chorizo, salt and pepper, garlic, onion and Italian parsley.
2. Mix until well combined, shape into 4 large mince patties.
3. Fry the patties in a pan with a little canola oil until cooked to your liking.
4. Slice the buns or rolls in half and top with the lettuce, gherkins, red onion, tomato and mince patties.
5. Enjoy with some oven-roasted potato wedges.
A red blend complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli