- 20g butter
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 dried Turkish apricots, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, lightly roasted in a pan
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 60g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large pan, fry the onion for 10 min, until soft and pale, add the garlic and fry for another minute.
2. Stir the apricots, pine nuts, rosemary and lemon zest into the onions in the pan. Remove from the heat and add the breadcrumbs.
3. Once cooled, add the egg. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Set aside until you are ready to stuff the pork. Click here , for the pork recipe.
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierl