Makes about 30
• 1 x 200g tin cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
• 7 tbsp olive oil
• 30 vine tomatoes
• 4 –5 thyme stalks
• salt and pepper to season
• melba toast or crackers, to serve
• 40ml pomegranate molasses
• pomegranate jewels, to garnish
1. Put the beans, garlic, parsley and 4 tbsp olive oil into bowl and blend using a stick blender until it has a creamy texture.
2. Place the vine tomatoes and thyme on an oven tray, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 180°C for 20 mins.
3. Spoon the bean dip onto the toast, top with the roasted tomatoes and a little of the thyme. drizzle over a little pomegranate molasses and arrange a few of the pomegranate jewels on top.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli