- 400g ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large egg yolks
- 5 Tbsp fine semolina
- a pinch of nutmeg
- sea salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- fresh pomegranates
- grated parmesan cheese
1. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta with the parmesan, egg, semolina, nutmeg, salt and pepper to form a paste.
2. On a lightly oiled surface, roll the paste into thin cylindrical shapes, about 3cm in diameter, then cut with a sharp knife into slices.
3. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and lower the dumplings in, one at a time, on a slotted spoon. Allow them to simmer for about 2 minutes, or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain thoroughly.
4. Plate the gnocchi with the duck ragu and enjoy with fresh pomegranate jewels and grated parmesan.
Enjoy this Gnocchi with our Duck & Pomegranate Ragu. Click here for the recipe.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli