For the salad:
- 500g pink fir potatoes or Mediterranean potatoes
- 200g tender stem broccoli, cut in half lengthways
- 100g sugar snap peas
- small packet rocket leaves
- 300g baby gem lettuce
- 40g baby green spring onions
For the dressing:
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 50g spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill sprigs
- 1 tbsp, Italian parsely
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 125ml olive oil
- Maldon salt & crushed black pepper, to taste
1. Place the fir potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 min, or until you can easily stick a knife through. Once cooled, cut into quarters.
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Blanch the broccoli for 20 sec, add the sugar snap peas and continue to cook for a further 40 sec, remove from the water and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
3. Arrange all salad ingredients on a plate.
4. Place the anchovies, spring onions, dill, parsley and mint in a bowl and whiz with a stick blender until all ingredients are finely chopped.
5. Whisk in the mustard, oregano and vinegar, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. The vinaigrette will separate on standing. Whisk together before use and pour over the salad.
Sauvignon Blanc compliments this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli