• 1 Iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
• 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 4 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 Mediterranean cucumber, sliced into strips using a peeler
• 1 apple, thinly sliced
• 40g walnuts, broken into chunks
• 3 tbsp yoghurt
• 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
• salt & pepper
1. Assemble the salad by arranging all the ingredients delicately on a plate or platter.
2. Just before serving dress with the refreshing yoghurt dressing.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a little jug and set aside.
TIP: To go truly raw, try making your own Greek-style yoghurt with coconuts, lemon juice and water. See the recipe here.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli