The best omelette you'll ever make.
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 16 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 small handful of thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin, toasted
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 big handful of kale
- 2 small red onions, sliced cross section
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and brush with olive oil.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl until well combined.
4. Mix the flour and milk to form a paste. Add the egg slowly to the flour mixture, whisking continuously, to prevent lumps.
5. Add the thyme, salt and cumin , and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking sheet. Tuck in the kale and red onion.
7. Bake for 15 min until slightly puffed. Place the oven on grill and bake the omelette under the grill for another 5 min until golden.
8. Serve warm for breakfast with roasted vine tomatoes or serve at lunch time with a tossed green salad.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za