- 400g cake flour
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 10 large basil leaves, rinsed
- small quantity of olive oil
1. Place the flour, eggs and basil leaves in a food processor and whiz to form a ball of dough. Turn out onto a lightly-floured surface, knead for 30 sec, then wrap in cling film and chill in fridge for 30 mins.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
3. Remove pasta dough from the fridge, cut into 4 pieces and run each one through your pasta maker from the widest setting (1) to the second-thinnest setting (5). Run the pasta sheets through the tagliatelle cutter on the pasta machine.
4. Toss the cut tagliatelle liberally in flour on a baking tray to keep all the strands loose and separated.
5. Add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook for 2 min or until al dente. Drain, return to the pot and pour over some olive oil.
Why not try this pasta with our Broad Beans and Pancetta Recipe .
Cabernet Sauvignon complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli