- 150g red and white quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 organic veg stock cube
- 80g toasted pine nuts
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 pomegranate rubies, removed
- 1 handful rinsed fresh mint, chopped
- 1 handful of rinsed coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 bunch spring onion, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa very well, cook in 2 1/2 cups of water with half a cube of vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 40 min or until semi-translucent.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts until golden brown. Mix together pine nuts, avocado, pomegranate rubies, herbs, lime juice, spring onion and olive oil. Add to quinoa, season to taste and serve.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Photography by C&D Heierli • Recipes by Diane Heierli