Time: 35 Min · Level: Super Easy · Makes 1
Lemon complements mushrooms very well. So if your dish is lacking a little something, try a squeeze of lemon to lift the flavour of the mushrooms.
- Baking paper, about 20cm x 20cm
- Mixed mushrooms, as many as you fancy, cut into chunks, thick slices and a few that are still whole (use as wide a selection as you can find)
- Small bunch of fresh thyme,
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- a knob of butter
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Fresh lemon juice
Preheat your oven to 200ºC. Arrange the whole lot on the baking paper and fold up into a parcel, place on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes. When it is ready, simply tear open the baking paper and squeeze over a little fresh lemon juice. Enjoy with thick chunks of crusty bread and a nice cold glass of your favourite tipple.
Chardonnay complements this dish.
To shop from a selection of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za