Invite your friends round for a Christmas soirée and serve this delicious snack
500g white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp castor sugar
6g dried yeast
4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
300ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp fennel seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tbsp sesame seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tbsp sea salt flakes
1 egg, lightly beaten, to glaze breadsticks
pinch of thyme
1. Use a stand mixer with a dough hook.
2. Put the flour, salt, sugar, yeast and oil into mixing bowl.
3. Pour over the water and use a low speed to combine and bring the dough together.
4. Add the fennel seeds and sesame seeds and knead the dough for 5 minutes, until smooth.
5. Dust work surface with extra flour.
6. Roll out the dough thinly into a 30cm square.
7. Cut dough into 1cm thick strips and gently roll each stick to create a cylinder shape.
8. Place on oiled baking sheets, with enough space to allow the sticks to expand.
9. Cover with cling wrap (not tightly wrapped) and leave to proof for 15-20 minutes, until slightly puffed
10. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
11. Once the breadsticks are puffed, brush with egg glaze and scatter sea salt, extra sesame and fennel seeds over.
12. Bake for 10 minutes (for soft sticks) or 13 minutes (for crisp sticks).
13. Take out of the oven and cool.
14. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
15. Use a small knife to make a diamond pattern on the top of the camembert.
16. Scatter thyme on top of the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
17. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and serve immediately with fresh bread sticks.