1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
270ml coconut milk
11⁄2 cups water
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1⁄2 cup coriander
3 spring onions, sliced
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
vegetable oil, for frying.
1. Place the rice flour, coconut milk, water, fish sauce, coriander, spring onions, chilli and eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large non-stick frying pan.
3. Ladle 2/3 cup pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 2–3 minutes until crisp and golden.
4. Remove from the pan and place on roller towel. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
5. Serve with the aubergine curry and fresh coriander.
Enjoy this recipe with one of South Africa’s best wines, go to wineofthemonth.co.za
Recipe Diane Heierli • Photography C&D Heierli